5 Interesting Napa Valley Facts
1) In the 1830’s, George Yount planted the first grapevines in Napa Valley. He founded the town that was eventually named Yountville.
2) Napa Valley is roughly 30 miles long and and 5 miles wide.
3) Of the 400 wineries in the Napa Valley; 140 Napa wineries in existence by 1900
4) Napa Valley is home to over 400 wineries
5) Among the internationally acclaimed wines produced in this small region are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel and Cabernet Franc.